From the National Association of Nutritional Professionals (NANP) 2013 Conference Menu
Are you looking for a decadent desert with no guilt? This may be the answer for you. Just because it tastes good doesn’t have to mean it does not have to be good for you. This recipe is both quick and elegant, but best of all healthy!
- ¼ cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp stevia
- ½ cup cacao powder
- Pinch good quality sea salt
- Handful cacao nips (optional)
- Melt coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Finely dice the avocado (works best if you slice both ways while still in the skin). Remove the melted coconut oil from the double boiler and add in the diced avocado. Using a hand mixer, blend on high speed until pureed and smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients in the avocado blend until well combined.
- Line a small baking sheet or dish with wax paper. Transfer the fudge to the dish and spread evenly. Top with cacao nips if desired.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight to set. Remove the wax paper from the dish and slice the fudge into bite size squares. Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.