A powerful liver cleansing tonic
- 2 teaspoons fresh turmeric, peeled and finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch black pepper
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw local honey or sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- boiling water
- Fill mug halfway full with boiling water.
- Add in turmeric and ginger.
- Cover and let steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon, black pepper, vanilla and honey.
- Fill the rest of the mug with coconut milk and stir.
Note: You may strain the pieces of turmeric and ginger out if you wish. I grate mine very finely and leave them in.