Latin Name: Inonotus obliquus
Minnesota grown Chaga is available now at The Lamb Shoppe for Teas and as Tinctures!
The chaga mushroom has been used for centuries as a folk medicine remedy in North European countries and Russia. In laboratory studies, Chaga demonstrates anti-cancer activity as well as anti-inflammatory, antiviral and immune-stimulating properties. Historical records show the use of Chaga since the 16th century as a folk remedy.
- Tea (long brewed as a decoction) It can be drank either hot or cold. Due to it’s natural tannins has a similar flavor to coffee, but lighter.
- Chaga can also be made into a tincture (an alcohol extract).
Here are some specific uses that have been shown with Chaga:
- Normalizes immune function – it can stimulate or slow it down
- Neutralized the side effects of pharmaceuticals
- Carries antioxidant properties
- Revitalizing & Anti-aging
- Excellent adaptogen – it helps deal with stresses of modern life including mental, physical, chemical and environmental
- Anti-ulcer, anti-gastritis properties
- Anticancer Potential – It decreases the side effects and supports standard cancer treatments of chemo-therapy and other aggressive medications. Chaga compensates the devastating effects of radiation and chemotherapy have on the immune system that cause nausea, insomnia, poor appetite and fatigue.
- Prevents metastasis of cancer
- Normalizes cholesterol levels
- Benefits the cardiovascular system
- Supports healthy blood pressure
There are no side effects or contraindications. But do not use with immune suppressing medicines that contain cyclosporin products used after an organ transplant because the immune modulating effect may neutralize the effects of the drugs taken.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.