Grass-fed meats, poultry and dairy products offer a healthier and environmentally friendly alternative to those raised on factory farms because they eat fresh, green grass from carefully managed pastures getting plenty of fresh air and sunshine. At The Lamb Shoppe, our livestock are raised on pasture so the animals can stay healthy and so we have a superior quality product to offer our customers.
Grass Fed Meats… Oh, So Healthy!
Here are some well-documented health benefits of grass fed meats:
- Because pasture-raised animals do not live in crowded, highly stressful conditions, like their factory farm counterparts, they can be grown without growth hormones and antibiotics.
- Grass-fed meats are lower in total fat and thus fewer calories.
- Grass finished animal products are higher in Omega-3 fatty acid, which is regarded by health experts as “good fats” or “heart healthy”. The Omega-3 fatty acids may help prevent heart disease and contribute to healthy brain and nervous system functioning.
- Grass-fed meat and dairy products have naturally occurring CLA (conjugated linoleic acid). This fatty acid may protect against heart disease, diabetes, some types of cancer, improve immune functioning, help build lean body mass, and act as an antioxidant.
- Grass-fed meat has higher vitamin E levels. This fat soluble vitamin is a potent antioxidant and may lower risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Pasture raised livestock are cleaner and healthier for human consumption because they have lower amounts of the very dangerous strain of E.Coli.
- No Genetically Modified crops (GMO) are fed because the animals are eating only fresh grass.
Not only does our meat taste great, but it’s good for you too, so go ahead and indulge yourself! When you buy products from our farm, you can be assured that you are getting the highest quality available from a family you can trust and get to know.